As many of you know, Len Latham had a serious fall in his home and is still recuperating. Mark Clark also fell in his home and lie on the floor for 3 days before help arrived. Because of these recent falls and the impending spread of the Corona Virus, the Board of Directors encourages ALL Dignity members, and especially those who live alone, to join us in a daily wellness check-in program.
We have identified a phone app, Snugsafe, which will check on our members safety and well being daily.The Snugsafe app is free and is easy to download, set up and use on your iPhone or Android. The only information needed is Name, cell phone number and email address. We recommend that each of you have two safety contacts:
- Someone located nearby who has access to your home in an emergency and
- A fellow Dignity brother or sister as a backup. You will need contact’s names, phone numbers and email addresses for setup.
The app reminds you to check in once a day by tapping just one screen button. You can pick your preferred daily check in time but since we know that most household falls occur in the bathroom, we recommend selecting a time slot after your daily shower routine. If you do not check in, the app alerts your safety contacts that you may need help and reports your last known location.
Detailed information about Snugsafe can be found at Snugsafe.com and instructions for downloading and installing the app are included below. If you need assistance, call Jim Sweeney at 202-320-6077.
We are undertaking this initiative as a family for the safety and well being of our Dignity siblings. We cared for each other through the AIDS crisis and now we are called to do so again.
Instructions for downloading and installing Snugsafety:
- Tap the App Store icon on your iPhone Home Screen
Search for Snug Safety.
- Tap Get.
- Tap the new Snug icon on your I-Phone home screen.
- Tap Get Started.
- Enter your Name, Cell Phone number and email address.
- Retrieve and enter the 4 digit text code.
- Select preferred check-in time (preferably after daily shower routine)
- Tap Grant Location Access.
- Tap Turn on Notification Access green button.
- Select contacts from your address book. (Pick at least two: someone who has emergency access to your home and someone from Dignity Washington.)
- Tap Autosnug for Free at the bottom of the screen.
- Check in for today. You’re all set!